Tennessee Worker's Alliance
We are committed to creating a prosperous economy in Tennessee.
General Information About Right to Work
- Right to Work is about freedom only in this way: It’s about taking away the freedom of working people to join together.
- Right to Work is wrong. It is an unnecessary, unfair government overreach into the workplace that distracts from the real and serious issues facing our state, including low wages and lack of relief from COVID-19.
- Right to Work is being promoted by a well-coordinated network of out-of- state billionaires, super PACs, and corporate special interest groups that are down-sizing, shipping jobs overseas, and hiding profits offshore to avoid paying the same taxes families and small businesses must pay.
- Right to Work laws allow the rich and powerful to continue to rig the rules against working families.
- Right to Work laws give even more power to big corporations at a time when CEO pay has grown hundreds of times higher than what the average worker makes.
- Backers of Right to Work claim that it protects workers against being forced to join a union. Federal law already makes it illegal to force someone to join a union.
- Right to Work laws take away our freedom to join together to negotiate a fair return on our work.
- Workers deserve real rights and real freedom, the freedom to have a voice at work without fear of retaliation.
TENNESSEE WORKER'S ALLIANCE
The Tennessee Workers Alliance has been established to further the common good and social welfare of the working citizens of Tennessee and the United States of America. We will work to achieve this objective by engaging in research, education, and communication regarding policy issues of national and local importance that will impact every worker’s economic, health, well-being, and security, therefore securing better communities for all.
REVEALED: Tennessee House follows rules that hide votes, proposed amendments from public House ignores rules that require roll-call votes
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WTVF) — In politics, those who have the power make the rules. In the Tennessee House of Representatives, an exclusive News Channel 5 investigation discovered they also ignore the rules they don’t like.
ONE UNITED VOICE
At the Tennessee Workers Alliance, we are committed to providing a better future for workers across the nation. Join us to find training, job opportunities, and job security.
Join us and enjoy higher pay, better job security, and a career you can depend on. By joining TWA, you will be able to provide for you and your family, build a career to last, and do work of which you can be proud.